ALF WebFiler is a component of ALF Corporate that automates the process of on-line filing with various corporate registries across Canada, including CORES in Alberta. WebFiler can open a connection to CORES, sign the user in using the CORES user name and password for the firm and for the ALF user, choose the correct filing to prepare, show the pre-registration report to the user, and - once accepted - complete the filing, all without opening up the user's web browser, and all within a matter of seconds.
The advantages of using WebFiler include the following:
- Users don't need to retype information that's already been added to the ALF database.
- The information sent to CORES has already been validated by ALF's data-entry - which itself has been entered quickly and accurately using ALF's "model" structures and data entry shortcuts.
- WebFiler can warn a user during the filing process if the data in the Registry database is inconsistent with ALF's data for a given card.
- Filings complete within seconds instead of minutes.
WebFiler ensures that the user is in control during every step - and allows a review and "cancel" at any time before the filing is allowed to complete.
The result is that corporate filings are simple, fast, and accurate, and corporate staff are much more effective and time-efficient compared to a "manual" filing method. *
An example of using ALF WebFiler for a new incorporation best illustrates the benefits:
- A user might start by creating a new corporate record based on one of the firm's "standard" model companies.
- Among the default values thereby provided are Registered and Records addresses, authorized share structure - and even First Director information, if the practice of the firm is to use a solicitor to incorporate.
- Users create a new task of type "Incorporation" to assemble incorporation documents.
- Among the documents available for assembly will be several with a "base type" of "CORES Registry Attachment" - this means that ALF can "recognize" these documents after assembly as pertinent to the filing type; in most cases, this will mean one of the "attachments" required for upload during the incorporation filing process.
- Once the documents are returned and reviewed, another "document" captioned "AB Incorporation Application (CORES)" is chosen with the Incorporation task.
- ALF's database already contains the CORES sign-in credentials - both for the firm (available only to the ALF Administrator) and the user (available only to the current user) - and will validate the data entry to ensure that the data to be passed from ALF contains the information required to complete an incorporation on CORES.
- ALF will also recognize certain documents among those assembled with the task as "filing attachments" and automatically convert each to the text format required by the Registry (including line width and spacing). The user doesn't need to browse his/her network to choose the correct attachments, and may optionally review the documents as chosen by WebFiler before continuing.
- Click "Next" then "Finish" and the Online Filing Assistant wizard looks after the rest.
- Once the user has reviewed the attachments (one more time), the "Pre-Registration Confirmation Report" appears, allowing the user to accept the details sent by ALF or cancel. Once accepted (and after one more password check), ALF will show the Certificate of Incorporation and allow the user to complete the task in ALF.
- ALF updates the record accordingly and saves the completed Certificate of Incorporation in its original HTML form with the "Assembled Documents" related to the task. (Note that ALF will now, with ALF Corporate update 126.96.36.199, also save the Registration Report and the Articles with the Certificate of Incorporation.)
* Use of ALF WebFiler is on a fee-per-transaction basis. Current fees are $4.50, plus GST, for all filings except for the CORES Incorporation, for which $7.50, plus GST, applies. For more information see WebFiler pricing grid.
WebFiler is a trademark of ALF Software Inc.